Monday, July 03, 2006

An Early Morning 14K Recovery Run

Today marks the beginning of a very busy week at work, so I will probably fall behind on reading and writing blogs. One of our manager’s from our sister company in Billerica (MA – USA) will be here at 2:30 this afternoon. We will be trying to complete a technical manual before he leaves on Wednesday.

So in anticipation of a late night at work I decided to go in a little later today and ran at 5 a.m. It was still nice and cool outside as I started out on my 14K/8.7M loop. The sun was just stretching as I made my way over the fields. My legs were a bit sore from my overindulgence at the 10K race yesterday. After a few kilometres my legs started loosing up and I fell into a comfortable 6:00/K (9:39/M) pace, which I maintained the rest of the run.

My next run will probably be Wednesday night, if I get off work on time. I want to run for the first time with the Graben Running Club, the group that put on the 10K race yesterday.

On Friday night or Saturday morning I want to try my first longer run, probably about 2½ hours – easy pace. This should give me a pretty good idea how fast I can return to normal training.

My next major (scheduled) event is a forest marathon on September 10th. Of course there are lots of other race choices almost every weekend, so I may use some of these for training purposes.

Comments:
Have a great week Jack!
 
I was going to ask you what is next, but you answered my question. Hmmm...I wonder if you have any other longer races you are eyeballing yet.
 
Join the club seems we're all falling behind. Its a busy time of year with races, training and *sigh* working for a living.
 
Nice run recovery. Nice report.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?