Thursday, June 08, 2006

And the training continues...

On Tuesday night I stopped at the swimming pool on the way home from work and swam 1000 meters, 7 laps freestyle, 3 breastroke.

Last night I ran my 14K/8.7M flat route, easy pace, almost exactly 6:00/K (9:39/M). I actually wanted to run even slower in preparation for my 50-miler, but my body wouldn’t cooperate. It was just too nice outside, 22C/72F, sunny, warm, and no wind. I almost turned and ran another loop, but then I remembered that tonight I am invited to a coworker’s house for a run, so want to be in good form for that. He (Uwe) lives not too far from the 80K trail and runs on path’s that are similar to what I’ll be running on during the race. This will be the first time that I have run with someone outside of a race, so I am really looking forward to it. Uwe doesn’t run as often as I do, he is a cyclist, but he has been thinking about trying a sprint triathlon sometime.

I was going to run on Friday night after dark again, like I did last Friday night, but I think it is more important that I get in a longer run (3+ hours) on Saturday morning. My wife is invited to a wedding reception from one of her coworker’s at noon on Saturday in the Black Forest and informed me last night that I’m driving her. This means I have to get up really early and get my run out of the way so we can leave by 10:30 – looks like another 4 a.m. wakeup!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?