Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Stormy Weather and a Recovery Run

Last night after work it was a cool, windy, rainy, 11C/52F degrees as I headed out for a 14K/8.7M recovery run. My legs were a little sore from the satisfying workout at the race on Sunday, so I ran at “Jack’s interpretation of a recovery pace”, or a pace of around 6:00/K (9:39/M). The weather was crazy during the almost 85 minutes that I ran. First it rained, then it was sunny, then it rained, then sunny, then rain, then sunshine – all in the 85 minute timeframe. But I was fortunate, 15 minutes after I finished the wind picked up, it rained HARD, we had a hail storm, and then it poured again! One of my neighbors came straggling in shortly after, from walking her dog, looking like a half-drowned cat.

This morning I still feel a little soreness in the legs, but they are better. I’ve slept like a stone the last two nights, I think the house could have been wiped out by a tornado and I wouldn’t have noticed it ;-)

We are going to one of my wife’s aunts in Fuerth (a suburb of Nuremberg) this upcoming weekend, so I have to adjust my runs for the rest of the week:

- I need to move Saturday’s hilly long run to Thursday night.
- I need to move Wednesday’s flat 20K run to Saturday (in Fuerth).
- I need to move Thursday’s 14K run to Wednesday.

I have to take a day vacation on Friday to take my car in for inspection and to wait around for the water company to exchange our water meter. We have to head to the train station at 4 p.m. in order to catch the train to Nuremberg.

We will be staying at a hotel in the middle of the older section of Fuerth (my wife’s aunt doesn’t have a guest room). On one side of the hotel is the old Market Square were they have a neat farmer’s market every Saturday morning. Across the street is a large park with lots of running trails, so you KNOW my running shoes will be packed! I’ll try to remember to pack my camera too!!

Comments:
Oh yes...please, please take pics for us! Good job on being flexible with your schedule!

Safe travels to you!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?