Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Busy, Busy, Busy

I can’t wait to go back to work so I can relax – well, then again maybe not. Anyway, yesterday we were up at 7 a.m., had a leisurely breakfast, then my wife was off to one of the bureaucratic offices to get some paperwork done. As it was looking dark and stormy I vegged out by trying to catch up with bloglines for two hours – still not caught up – y’all write too fast. After I felt the dust setting on my head I decided I should get up and do something. First order of business was my weight training. As I finished up I noticed that the sun was out so I went outside and swept off the lower skirting around the house so I could start painting. My wife still wasn’t home so I made a quick omelet and a green salad for lunch, then headed outside to start painting. Three hours later I was finished and decided to go to the swimming pool. My wife was studying her Business English, so elected to stay home. I completed about 1100-1200 meters at the pool, a mix of freestyle and breaststroke. So that was yesterday.

Today I was again up at 7 a.m. - as I had a haircut appointment at 8:30. After the haircut I stopped at the garden with the intention of mowing the lawn, but it started pouring rain. I puttered around cleaning the garden house a little bit hoping the rain would let up so I could at least pull some weeds – no chance, so I headed back to the house. My wife was studying again so I decided it was an opportune time to get my run in.

So with the temperature approaching 18C/65F and with a gentle rain falling I headed out for a 14K/8.7M loop. After about 20 minutes the rain stopped and the sun came out – the humidity was terrible, I was wearing a light running jacket over my running shirt and it felt like I was running in a sauna. I was soaked from inside out and outside in. I still managed to keep up a pace of 5:38/K (9:03/M), a bit faster than I had planned on.

So as I write we just finished lunch and my wife wants to study some more. The sun is still shining so I am heading back to the garden. My wife has school tonight so she needs the car by 4:30 p.m. – got to go!

Comments:
sometimes work IS more relaxing than vacations! One question: when you go out for these 8 mile runs, do you carry water? Just curious.

(also, the first time I read this post, I read "I was wearing a light running jacket over my running SKIRT a..." I guess I've got those skirts on my mind!)
 
Ha! I can just picture you in a running skirt cruising through Germany!

I'm so jealous of your long vacay! I may have to stop reading til it's time for you to go back to work!

TGIF!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?