Friday, March 17, 2006

Swim Night

This week is what I call „a free week“ in the diet arena. Up until midnight on Sunday I am allowing myself to eat whatever I want without reserve. After that it’s back to nutritional eating in quantities limited enough to start shedding weight again. But in the meantime don’t leave any food out in the opening, Jack the Vac may suck it up ;-)

Last night I stopped at the pool on the way home and swam 1100 meters, mostly breaststroke with some attempted freestyle mixed in. Later, after dinner, I was looking through a Pilates book that I remembered my wife had bought last year. I tried a few of the exercises illustrated, I think I’m on to something here.

My wife crashed early on the couch so I spent some time thinking about my training schedule for the 50K in ten weeks (May 25th). During the 6 intensive weeks I have four runs a week planned: 2 x 14K/8.7M, 1 x 20K/12M, 1 x long run up to 32K/20M.

I was wondering if I shouldn’t ease up a little on the running by replacing one of the 14K runs with crosstraining combinations, e.g. biking/swimming, hiking (hills)/weight training, or weight training/biking. I think I’m going to keep the 4 nights of running on the schedule and see how it goes, if I feel like it’s too much I can always drop it later. The real problem here is to find the time (and motivation) to do the crosstraining on the other 3 days or nights.

Tomorrow I have a 14K/8.7M run on the schedule, easy pace. On Sunday I want to go swimming again.

Have a nice weekend!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?