Wednesday, March 08, 2006

A Swim Night

For the first time in almost four weeks I stopped at the swimming pool last night and did some laps. I swam mostly breast stroke for 40 minutes, nice and easy, trying to keep my kick to a minimum, working mostly the upper body. I wanted to keep going but the little warning buzzer in my head went off reminding me that I hadn’t been swimming for a while and I have a marathon on Sunday – so I stopped.

Later in the evening my wife went upstairs in the library to work on her English class homework, so I decided to take a walk. I walked around town at an easy pace, about 20 minutes. This left me feeling loose and ready for a good night’s sleep.

So the first weather reports for Sunday, marathon day, are coming in. So far it looks like a temperature of 3-5C (37-41F), slight wind, cloudy with a 20% chance of rain. This would be almost ideal for this time of year (if it doesn’t rain).

Tonight a friend of mine invited me out for some food and delicious beer at my favourite brewery – The Andreasbraeu. You may remember me talking about their homemade beer last summer, it is absolutely the best in the area! Their food is also excellent. My wife is picking us up at the brewery restaurant at 8:30 p.m. on her way home from evening class, so we can relax and enjoy ourselves. Have a nice week!

Comments:
hmmmmm...is beer part of your carboload strategy? I Sunday sounds like a dream.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?