Monday, March 06, 2006

The Jayhawk Survey

I was over at Running Jayhawk's place last night and decided to participate in her "survey". Feel free to answer the questions yourself.

1. What time of day do you run?

During the week at around 4:30 p.m. On Saturday’s when I’m doing a long run I like to start around 6-6:30 a.m.

2. Where do you usually run?

During the week on a 14K loop from my house. For long runs I usually run a loop in the other direction to our nearest city (Karlsruhe).

3. What is your favorite song to run to?

Whatever nature offers on that day, the chirping birds, a gentle breeze and the sound of my feet hitting the forest path. On real long runs I may turn on the MP3 player and listen to some Toby Keith or Brooks & Dunn.

4. When I was marathon training I actually gained 15 pounds. I am NOT happy about this. Any advice for dropping pounds while running? It's not like I'm consuming an insane amount of calories or fat...no more than I was before, and I have a very difficult time believing that I gained 15 lbs of muscle. I wish!

I try to eat a lot of fresh fruit and veggies and stay away from sweets.

5. When did you start running?

Which time? The last time in March of 2004.

6. What's your post-race/post-run ritual?

Drink, eat, drink, eat, eat, eat , warm bath, nap, drink, eat, eat, eat.

7. What do you eat before you run?

For a morning run – granola cereal with lowfat milk and a glass of tomato juice. For a run after work the same for breakfast then generally a meal with pasta or potatoes for lunch – oh and at least 2-3 liters of water throughout the day.

8. What's your favorite running movie? (psst...I love Saint Ralph!)

I still like the scene in Rocky I (?) where he run's up the stairs. Motivates me anyway :-)

9. What's your motivation for running? (or when you first started running)

In the beginning it was to lose weight and to have more energy. I still have 10 pounds to go so this continues to be my motivation. Now, I could probably add that I run so that I can run more and/or faster.

10. What are your running shoes?

I have at least 7 pairs in various stages of death - my newest are Asics GT 2100.

Comments:
Only a true runner has several pairs of running shoes in various stages of death...lol
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?