Monday, January 09, 2006

All vacations come to an end...sigh...

As I walked to the train station this morning I could feel the stiffness in my legs, the adverse effect of running 73K/45M last week. This definitely broke the 10% increase in mileage/week rule – I only ran 52K/32M the week before. At least I don’t have any aches or pains, just a dull soreness creeping in, which will intensify the longer that I sit at my desk today. Tonight I have a 14K/8.7M recovery run on the schedule, I definitely need to take it slow and easy to give my legs a chance to rebuild.

It was a brisk -4C/25F outside at 6:00 a.m., the trees and grass are frosted white, I would love to do my run now. There is nothing better than running a lonely trail through the forest on a cold, crisp morning. But as soon as I finish my cup of coffee it’s back to work, my coworkers must have missed me they filled my desk and mailbox with dozens of new tasks – thank’s guys it's nice to feel needed.

I found a few pictures of the Rheinzabern 15K race on the Internet last night:

Comments:
Welcome back to the miserable world of work!!! Running is so much more fun....
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?