Friday, December 09, 2005

Rest, rest, eat, eat.

Rest

Yesterday was a rest day, I had a eye doctor’s appointment (yep still half-blind) so decided to just chill out for the rest of the night. I will probably not do any training tonight either, as my long run is first thing in the morning at O-dark-thirty. My body is a little sore this week due to the lack of a proper recovery from the weekend HM, so I think the extra rest day is a good investment.

Calorie Overload - or Jack and the Art of Binging

We ate later than normal last night due to my eye appointment, so I was famished by the time we finally sat down for some noodles and salad. This was followed an hour later by a couple pieces of cake and some cookies (major sweet attack). I ended up eating entirely too much, so this morning I was back up 2 pounds. Frustrating, but not surprising, it will go back down in a day or two. I learned a long time ago not to worry too much about the daily fluctuations, it’s the end of the week weight that counts.

Tomorrow morning I want to fall out of bed at 5:30 a.m. so I can hit the trail by 6:00. My goal 2 hours, 40 minutes of running or roughly 26K/16M. Weather prediction - 1°C (34F) and rain. If the wind is calm it won't be too bad for this time of year.

Comments:
Good luck on the long run. The wind can be a real killer on those, and believe me, I know what I'm talking about
 
Whoops I just noticed that I wrote -1C is 34F - it should be +1°C. It's Friday, what can I say...
 
I've always believed (and I think it's true) that what you eat last night cannot possible metabolize into fat by the next morning! It takes a few days for that cake to show up as real weight gain. So, you're good!

Hope the eye heals up soon.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?