Wednesday, December 07, 2005

1500 Miles Behind Me

Hey wow, I just noticed that I ran my 1500th mile for this year on Monday night. Yep, according to my running log I have 2415 kilometers so far this year, which is about 1,500.6114293 miles. I think I can easy meet my goal of 2500 kilometers for the year.

Marathon Training

I was fine tuning my marathon training schedule for the March 2006 marathon. This time around I am trying a slightly different approach. Instead of running four or five times a week I will run 3-4 times a week and do more cross-training, mostly swimming. Here is the basic schedule:

Monday – 14K/8.7M run
Tuesday – Swimming
Wednesday – 14K/8.7M run – race tempo or faster
Thursday – Cross-training or run
Friday – Rest
Saturday – Long run (every 2 weeks) or medium long run (e.g. 22-24K)
Sunday – Swimming

This may have to be tweaked again if I can get into a freestyle swim class in January.

My long runs will be as follows:

Dec. 10: 26K/16M (this Saturday)
Dec. 24: 28K/17M
Jan. 7: 30K/18M
Jan. 21: 32K/20M
Feb. 4: 34K/21M
Feb. 18: 36K/22M
Mar. 12: Race day

I also review my long run pace last night. I have been running most of my long runs at a pace of 15-30 seconds FASTER than my projected marathon pace (6:00/K, 9:39/M). I may need to think about slowing down just a little bit so I don't wear my body down so bad. If the weather turns nasty again this will occur naturally.

Comments:
Yay! Congratulations on meeting that milestone:) It's great to have a plan through the holidays, too. March 12 will be here before you know it.
 
Congrats on the great mileage. Simply awesome!
 
That's roughly the distance from Brookfield to Dallas! Great milestone!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?