Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving, Diet Status, and Shoe Shopping

First of all Happy Thanksgiving to all those in the U.S.A., somebody please eat a piece of turkey for me, and maybe a little stuffing! Of course they don’t celebrate Thanksgiving in Germany, so I will be lucky if anybody wishes me Happy Thanksgiving. My wife does have a turkey in the freezer and will probably prepare it this weekend when she has more time.

Diet

My weight this morning was 73kg, about 161 lbs., I hope that I can still say that on Monday morning. On the positive side I have lost 6 lbs. so far this month, 11 lbs. to go to meet my goal (68kg/150lbs.).

Now 6 lbs. is quite a bit in one month, especially after already losing 24kg (53 lbs.) over the last couple years. I am trying to go slowly to help avoid losing too much muscle, but I can imagine that I will sacrifice some before I’m done. Once I have finished my marathon in March I want to concentrate more on my weight training.

Running Shoes

I have five pairs of running shoes with the following recorded mileage:

Pair 1: 1183K/735M
Pair 2: 1212K/753/M
Pair 3: 690K/428M
Pair 4: 380K/236M (my racing shoes)
Pair 5: 230K/143M

The first two pairs are ready for the garbage can, I wear them only during the pouring rain when I know the trains are going to be extremely muddy. The third pair has also seen it’s better days. Pair 4 I reserve for races, but I don’t know if I should wear them for my next marathon or not.

So tonight I am going shoe shopping. There are three sports shops in Karlsruhe that offer good running shoes and I want to check out all of them (they are all in the same mall). I have one of my worn pairs of running shoes with me, which clearly show where I wear the shoes out the most, my wife has agreed that this can be my early Christmas present, so I have a green light.

Comments:
happy thanksgiving!!

enjoy the holiday abroad!
 
Happy Thanksgiving. Sorry I'm not having any turkey. I am off to make a stir fry shortly.

Good job on your weight loss and happy shoe shopping!
 
Happy Thanksgiving! Turkey ~ done! I also ate an extra slice of pumpkin pie for you, and in case you were still hungry, you got extra sweet potatoes, cooked with brown sugar. I doubt you can maintain that 161 with those kinds of indulgences, but there's always tomorrow. :)
 
Congrats on the weight! Jon and I have picked up the 6 you've lost...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?