Wednesday, November 16, 2005

A Comfortable 14K Training Run

Tonight was a more bearable 8C/46F at 4:30 p.m. when I headed out for my 14K/8.7M run. The trails were wet and muddy from the drizzling rain that we had most of the day, but the sky was clearing as I started out. The only negative weather factor was a stiff breeze which really cooled things down.

My legs were kind of stiff from all the kicking exercises at the pool last night, so I kept the pace down, no dire need to hurry tonight. By the 10K point I could really feel that my energy was depleted, I need to increase my calorie intake somewhat. I finished the run tonight with an average pace of 6:04/K (9:46/M), a few second more than I had anticipated, but acceptable.

Weather reports for the weekend are looking nasty, freezing temperatures, icy rain, maybe snow in some areas - all in all a normal November weekend. Saturday I only have 16K/10M on the schedule - should be a piece of cake!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?