Thursday, November 10, 2005

A Cold 14K Training Run

Last night I set out on my 14K/8.7M run with sunny blue skies and a mild 11C/52F temperature. I completed the first 10K with a nice quick tempo pace of 5:30/K (8:51/M), or roughly my half-marathon pace. As it was getting quite dark by this time I naturally slowed down a little bit after this eventually finishing with an average pace of 5:39/K (9:06/M) for the total distance, a nice quick training pace for this time of year.

I have a couple notes and/or comments about this run:

- There was approximately a 5°C (9°F) drop in temperature from start to finish.
- I wore long Cool-Max running tights, it was too cold by the end of the run, I need to wear thicker training pants.
- My legs were sore later in the evening and this morning. I haven’t decided if this is from being too cold or from the slightly faster speed. It could also be the 1000+ meter swim on Tuesday.
- I need to seriously consider a running lamp, I have a hard time seeing branches and other obstacles on my running path after dark.

Tonight is a rest night, no training. Tomorrow night is Breaststroke Swim Class #6 and early Saturday morning is my first long run for Marathon III (22K/13.6M).

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?