Friday, September 16, 2005

A Lazy Vacation Day Declared

Last night I headed out for the last run on my training schedule. Nothing exciting, a 9K loop around the fields surrounding my town. The weather was cool (about 21C/~69F) and cloudy with some humidity. I maintained a nice intensive 5:15/K (8:27/M) pace, felt good afterwards and just wished that I could have run further. One incident, I rounded a corner on the edge of town and found myself in the middle of two large unleashed dogs, with the owner half way down the street gabbing with another lady. Too late to do anything I just closed my eyes and kept running. After a few seconds I realized I didn’t get bit or hit a light pole so kept going, whew!

I took the day off work today, preferring to vegetate in my house today. I have a few errands to run, but will spend most of the next two days catching up on my reading and updating my websites. I will probably go on a walk tonight so the joints don’t get rusty, but otherwise I want to try to stay off the feet. Tomorrow I will take the train and streetcar to Karlsruhe and pick up my race packet (and the heart starts pumping harder...).

Have a great weekend!

Comments:
Best of luck Jack! Remember the rules: Finish, have a good time and don't forget to smile!

We're rooting for you!
 
Good luck this weekend, Jack! You will do great, but I think you'd better bring a Dog Dazer just to be sure. :)
 
GO, Jack, GO!!! We'll be thinking of you this weekend. Can't wait to read the race report!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?