Monday, August 29, 2005

Pray for Those Facing Katrina!

My first couple days of tapering have been a disaster for my diet. Saturday afternoon we went to my wife’s cousin’s wedding. First class food and plenty of it, and of course I was all about eating after my long run that morning:-) Yesterday was a street festival in a neighboring town, more food in massive quantities. Needless to say my weigh-in this morning was frightening to say the least.

My wife and I did get in a 15K bicycle trip yesterday afternoon. It was a bright sunny 26C/79F day and we took advantage of it. Perfect biking weather, you could tell, the bike paths were crowded!

My legs were a little stiff yesterday, but other than that felt fine. The only negative effect of my long run on Saturday is my humungous appetite. Today I am trying to get my diet back on track.

Next Sunday is my next running event, a half-marathon in Ruelzheim in the Rhineland-Pfalz. This will be a training run, the pace already predetermined - 6:00/K (9:39/M), the same as for the upcoming marathon. Although I could probably set a new PR, I feel that it is more important to use the event as a dress rehearsal for my marathon. The marathon is only two weeks after the HM race so this is not a time to be over doing it! Ruelzheim is the hometown for our friend Eva, so my wife will have company while she waits for me to finish the race. Cool!

If you have been following the news the last day or so you know that the folks in and around New Orleans are in for a bad time today. My brother and his family live in the old French section of town, the part that could go swimming. I haven’t been able to reach him so I assume he is evacuating. Don’t forget to send your support to organizations helping the millions of people being affected by the monster hurricane! For those of you who pray you might remember to add this to your list.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?