Friday, August 19, 2005

News Flash: Jack at Lowest Weight Since 1988!

Just when I thought I was stuck for life on 75kg/165lbs I finally had a breakthrough. By cutting out all sweets for the past week, keeping an eye on my serving size at meals and running a zillion miles I finally was rewarded with a 73.5kg/162lbs on the bathroom scales this morning. This is the lowest weight since 1988 when I got married! Wow!!

So that leaves 5.5kg/12lbs to go before I reach my dream weight of 68kg/150lbs (my doctor’s recommended ideal weight). The last time I weighed this little I was about 8 years old (really!).

Now that I have confessed my weight to the masses I hope this will help motivate me to least stay at this weight until after my marathon when I want to start my real diet. Being overweight almost my entire life, I know how hard this will be!

So last night’s training: My wife had garden cross-training on my schedule (e.g. mowing lawn, pulling weeds etc.), but when she came home she was worn out from the heat (we are back up to 29C/85F), so she told me to go ahead and do my weight training so she could cool off. After thinking about it for about a zillionth of a second I suited up, warmed up and did my weight training routine (mostly dumbbell exercises), push-ups, sit-ups, crunches etc. I wanted to do some more work with the barbell, but I remembered the upcoming garden workout, so did a quick 3K/2M lap around town.

My pace breakdown for the 3K/2M run:

First kilometer: 5:30/K (8:51/M)
Second kilometer: 4:55/K (7:55/M)
Third kilometer: 5:15/K (8:27/M)

Overall a good quick workout. By the way it was 33C/92F under the roof of the shed where I do my weight training. Who needs a sauna?

After a quick shower and some food I pried my wife of the couch (where she fell asleep) and we headed out to the garden for a couple hours of weed-pulling.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?