Friday, May 20, 2005

Stick Caught

Here is the stick, caught from Bev, who caught it from Mark, who caught from Marie, who caught it from Edana, who caught it from Cesca,.. now complete:

You are stuck inside Ray Bradbury’s Fahrenheit 451, which book do you want to be?

Here I have to wimp out because I’m not familiar with Fahrenheit 451, I’m currently reading "Galloway’s Book on Running", so I guess I take that along to finish it (am I boring you;).

Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?

Being over forty-five I fall for almost every female character fictional or non-fictional. Ha! I think the gal that started it all though was Scarlet in "Gone With the Wind", the novel.

The last book you bought is?
Actually I have five books that just arrived from Amazon: 1) The Galloway book mentioned above; 2) "The Runner’s Handbook", by Bob Glover; 3) "Programmed to Run", by Thomas S. Miller; 4) The "Veneering Handbook", by Ian Hosker (I do have another hobby); and for those special moments: 5) "Introduction to Superconductivity", by Michel Tinkham.

The last book you read was?
"Illuminati", by Dan Brown (my first German fiction book that I have read!). Well written, nice plot, with a liiiittle bit of "too much to be true" details. Near the end it almost became a Hollywood movie, but thank God, Dan managed to maintain himself and came back with a super twist in the plot. The female character was hot!

What are you currently reading?

I’m currently reading Galloway’s Book on Running. I think most of you know this book, so I won’t bore you. I highly recommend it (so far) for those of you who haven’t. I am also thumbing my way through "The Complete Illustrated Guide to Furniture & Cabinet Construction", by Andy Rae. I have time next week to ruin some wood.

Five books you would take to a deserted island?

1. The Bible – the source of my inner strength.
2. The "U.S. Army Survival Manual", by Department of the Army HQ Staff. You need this book with you at all times when you are out there. It contains all kinds of life saving information that is invaluable if something bad were to happen to you out in the wilderness.
3. "Back To Basics", by Reader’s Digest. This how-to, user-friendly guide teaches self-sufficiency-covering all of life's essentials: shelter; alternative energy sources; growing and preserving food; home crafts; directions for making herbal remedies; and even home-grown entertainment.
4. "Guide to Self-Sufficiency", by John Seymour. John Seymour explains absolutely every skill you could possibly need for a self-sufficient lifestyle: gardening, animal husbandry, plowing with horse, brewing beer, making butter, blacksmithing, hunting, cooking, smoking, fishing, making clothes...EVERYTHING.
5. "Country Woodcraft", by Drew Langsner. How to make furniture from branches, trees, DRIFTWOOD, etc. Got be comfortable ya-know!
****

Okay, I’m a survival nut, I admit it

Okay, stick-throwing time. I toss it to ....Mia. I wanna hear what you read, Mia!

Comments:
woa! Awesome list.

And good luck on the marathon Jack!!!
 
Good luck tomorrow, Jack!
 
Well with that list for the deserted island, I don't think you'd get voted off. :-)

All the best in your race. Can't wait to read the report.
 
Whoa, now that's efficient ... did the stick even make it all the way to Germany before you replied?? :)

Awesome list. I think I'd better re-think my list ... yours is much more practical! :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?