Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Race Recovery 101

I ran my 12K route last night, slow and gently, finishing the first 10K in a shameful (but restful) 64 minutes. But oh what weather we're having, I mean 59°F, sunshine, blue sky, birds-a-singin', no mud, no snow - this is what running is all about folks!

My legs were still a bit tight from the race on Sunday, I made it a point to stretch this old grandpa's bones before and after my recovery run. NEVER underestimate the importance of streching - I used to just do my pushups & situps before and after a run and that's it! It worked okay when I was younger, but at 45 I have to take the time to stretch. Pay now or pay later!

The folks at UPS dropped off my CamelBak drink system yesterday. I couldn't wait to try it out. I disinfected it (you never know), filled it with water and took a couple laps around the inside of the house. My wife gave me one of those "have you lost your mind" looks - "nothing left to lose dearest";-)

This weekend is supposed to reach 20°C (68°F) with lots of sunshine. I have a long run on my calendar, normally two hours, 45 minutes. I may have to adjust this somewhat once I get out there - depends on how the legs react. Can't wait to try the CamelBak - Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's off with my CamelBak I go.

Input: flowersbeeswarmsunjoyspring, there, sending a little Spring weather your way. Happy running!

Comments:
Recovery jogs are supposed to be slow anyway, but for me, they end up being slow as a matter of necessity! :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?