Saturday, February 19, 2005

2 1/2 Hours of Bliss

Today my better half conveniently (for me) had an appointment at the hair fixer-upper, so I started my run at 7:30 A.M. I ran my 12K trail, where at some point I split off and followed the local running club’s (Graben) route for over an hour, eventually returning to finish my original route. I took a minute break at the 35 minute point to water my favorite tree and another break at the same point coming back (~1:35) for a sport drink fix. Total time 2 hours 29 minutes. Legs were a bit heavy, but otherwise the run went very well. I am guessing I ran about 24K and I think I could have gone another 5-6 without any major difficulty.

It was snowing most of the way, I had trouble with snow in the eyes. On the other side the snow cushioned the path significantly, I think this helped the running. I concentrated on running a slow comfortable pace, probably about 6:30+/K.

I actually made it back home before my better half, had time to do the dishes (as she requested) and made sure that I complemented on her new hair fix (okay it really did look nice - allright). Whew, the things a guy has to do to keep the peace.

Blissful Jack

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?